Studley B80 7QX
Leading A Mentally Healthy School
Two Day Training Session
Members of Senior Leadership team, looking to strategically embed mental health into their School Development Plan
Day 1: Ethos, Culture and Strategic Leadership.
• What is mental health?
• Why have a whole school approach to mental health?
• The importance of ethos and culture
• Strategic planning
Day 2: Policies and Procedures for Impact.
• Policies and leadership
• Signs and symptoms
• Procedure for Impact
On 4 December 2017, the DfE and Department of Health released ‘Transforming Children and Young People’s Mental Health Provision: a Green Paper’ which outlines what the government wants to do to help children and young people with their mental health.
According to the Green Paper, 1 in 10 young people have some form of diagnosable mental health condition. Core proposal 1: A Designated Senior Lead for mental health in every school.
The government wants every school to have a designated senior lead for mental health by 2025.
The mental health lead will be a trained member of staff who is responsible for the school’s approach to mental health.
The programme will enable you to become a mentally healthy school.
- To enable and empower senior leaders to place mental health at the heart of strategic school improvement
- To equip senior leaders with practical and sustainable approaches that can be implemented on return to school
- To enable schools to plan for mental health provision strategically and meet the needs of the Green Paper ‘Transforming Children and Young People’s Mental Health Provision’ (December 2017)
- To ensure that schools can prove they are committed to tackling mental health problems and improving the emotional wellbeing of pupils
Cost in total:
£150 per person/£250 for two staff from the same school
£100 alliance partners/members
Monday 2nd July (Day 1)
Monday 16th July (Day 2)
Studley High School, Crooks Lane, Studley, B80 7QX
9.30am – 3.30pm
Lunch and refreshments will be provided
To book a place please click ‘book now’ in the event details or go to http://shirestsa.co.uk/event-booking-form/
Questions? Contact Shires TSA on 01527 852 478 #2 or email@example.com