Make your application stand out by gaining as much experience as you can to show your commitment to training to become a teacher. If you wish to gain experience at one of the schools in our alliance, and meet all of the above criteria, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or register your interest.
School experience with Shires Alliance is rewarding, valuable and relevant. You will spend between one and five days between our partner schools.
Here is what you can expect:
- Time observing lessons in your subject (support in lesson observation will be given)
- Time observing lessons in other subjects (it’s good to see the variety of teaching skills in a broader perspective)
- Meet teachers; experienced and new, to the profession
- Meet other trainee teachers
- Tour of the school, see the inner workings of various school settings
Here is what we expect:
- Professionalism and punctuality
- Attire relevant to a teaching setting
- Ask lots of questions!
- Bring your DBS or photographic ID with you
- Notify us as soon as anything changes regarding attendance
We do need some notice to organise school experience and don’t currently have set dates as things change so frequently in school, we prefer to organise these on a more bespoke basis also ensuring we suit your times and availability.